Q: Accessibility Needs (ADA)
The Following Features Are Available:
• Accessible Rooms
• Accessible exercise facility
• Accessible guest rooms with mobility features with entry or passage doors that provide 32” of clear width
• Accessible hotel dining area
• Accessible parking
• Accessible parking spaces for cars in the self-parking facility (ADA Placard Required)
• Accessible public entrance
• Accessible registration desk
• Accessible route from the accessible public entrance to the accessible guestrooms
• Accessible route from the accessible public entrance to the registration area
• Accessible route from the hotel’s accessible entrance to the dining area
• Accessible route from the hotel’s accessible public entrance to the exercise facilities
• Accessible route from the hotel’s accessible public entrance to the swimming pool
• Accessible swimming pool
• Accessible route from the hotel’s accessible public entrance to the whirlpool
• Accessible to whirlpool
• Closed captioning on televisions or closed captioning decoders
• Public Areas/Facilities accessible for physically challenged
• Service support dogs welcome (Per Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Title II & III; 2010 Standards for Accessible Design)
• Swimming pool hoist and whirlpool hoist for access into water
• TTY for guest use upon request
• Van-accessible parking in the self-parking facility
Q: How far is the Pasadena Convention Center?
A: Approximately 4 miles.
Q: Are children “free”?
A: Infants and children 6 years of age and under are “free”.
Q: Do you have “smoking” rooms?
A: No, all our rooms are Non-Smoking. But, for all that like to enjoy a fine tobacco now and then, we have a designated smoking deck with shade, tables, chairs and nighttime chandeliers for ambiance.
Q: What restaurants would we recommend?
A: Pasadena is known for its dining options! We will be happy to assist you at check-in with dining choices and reservations.
Q: How much does a TAXI cost?
A: Los Angeles County demands the highest rates in the nation when it comes to taxis. Ridesharing companies are your best bet to get around in and around Pasadena.
Q: How much is Breakfast?
A: It’s FREE for all declared guest’s registered at check-in … Hot & Fresh Breakfast Buffet is available from 6:30 am to 10:00 am. Menu & prices are subject to change without notice; guest visitors are welcome to eat for an added fee – see Front Desk for details.
Q: Who designed the Hotel?
A: Julie Khuu Interior Designer (HGTV contestant). Please check out her website at: www.juliekhuu.com
Q: What does the Spa Area have?
A: Dry Heat Sauna, Indoor Whirlpool, Fitness Room, Seasonal Pool, Sun Deck, Outdoor Cabanas. All that’s missing is your bathing suit. Whirlpool is kept at 104 degrees per City Ordinance … between 4:pm and 10:pm. ADA pool lift is available upon request.
Q: How much is the WiFi Internet?
A: The hotel provides WiFi internet FREE of charge.
A: Paid WiFi is also available for a nominal fee (3:pm to 11:am).
Q: Do you provide TTY/TTD or Assistive Devices?
A: Yes, we have units that are provided to Guests at check-in when requested.
Q: What time is Check in? Can we Check in early?
A: Check-in time is at 3:00pm, but many times we can accommodate early requests depending on availability; for a nominal fee during peak seasons.
Q: What is the Hotel Cancellation Policy?
A: You may cancel your reservation with no penalty before 4:00PM (local time) on date of arrival. Arrival dates during Special Events are three (3) days in advance cancellation policy. Rose Parade and/or Rose Bowl are ninety (90) days in advance cancellation policy. Certain restrictions and conditions apply.
Q: Can we drink in the Lobby?
A: Yes, please come and enjoy our lobby and BYOB with a couple of friends. If you forget to bring your own, you can purchase alcohol at the liquor store across the street.
Q: Do you allow dogs?
A: Yes … but keep in mind that it incurs a $30+tax per pet / per night fee for deep cleaning. Weight and Size limits do apply; please call Hotel Front Desk for information before making your reservation. Pets cannot be left unattended – and barking is not allowed. Sorry, no cats are allowed. Be advised, Service Dog owners will be asked to answer two questions on a ADA Form at check-in to determine eligibility.
Q: Do we ship lost items to customers?
A: Yes, send your request via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and a short message describing your items and permission to use your Credit Card information taken at check in during your visit. All shipping is done via USPS Flat Rate Box. Prices are subject to an additional Hotel Handling Fee at about 33% of the Flat Rate Box “price” been sent back. HLR is not responsible for lost and/or stolen items during USPS transit.
Q: Are “safes” available?
A: NO. Hotel safe service can only be done by General Manager. Hotel will not ask what is been stored and secured packaging can only be received and released by Hotel General Manager during his schedule. Hotel is not responsible for any loss due to acts of God, fires, flood, earthquakes, catastrophic events and/or “theft” defined by California Penal Code.
Q: Are microwaves in every room?
A: No, microwave is available in the front lobby café area; open 24 hours. If you are looking to stay for a duration – Hotel can provide a microwave free of charge pending availability.
Q: Is there a Laundry Facility?
A: Yes, it’s located on the 2nd Floor. Take the elevator to the second floor and exit to your left twice. Washing & Drying is $2 for each load. We also have Tide, Bounce & Clorox2 for $2 each; please inquire at the Front Desk.
Q: Where is the ice-machine?
A: Take the elevator to the 2nd floor (or 3rd floor) and exit to your left twice.